Please read all instructions before submitting anything.
Arledge Comics only accepts creator-owned story or series proposals from writer-artists or writer/artist teams.
How to submit a pitch to AC
- Ensure that your proposal is a good fit for the Arledge Comics library. More on this is detailed below.
- Create your pitch packet. What we’re looking for is detailed below.
- Sign our submission release form.
- Email all materials to AC Admin at email@example.com.
- In the body of your email, include the names, roles, and portfolios of the entire creative team. In the subject line, please put “Pitch – [Pitch Title]”
The AC Library
What constitutes a good fit for Arledge Comics?
- Our library emphasizes inclusive all-ages titles to elevate marginalized creators, their stories, and their voices.
- Our readership ranges from early reader to teen/general audiences. So please keep your story ratings at or below a Teen+ Rating.
- We’re primarily interested in complete stories – should these be graphic novels, trade paperbacks, or compiled webcomics. Serials will still be considered but are not preferred.
Please refer to the following rating system to order to determine if your pitch is a good fit for Arledge Comics.
E – EVERYONE – Appropriate for readers of all ages. May contain cartoon violence and/or some comic mischief.
T – TEEN – Appropriate for readers age 12 and older. May contain mild violence, language and/or suggestive themes.
T+ – TEEN PLUS – Appropriate for readers age 15 and older. May contain moderate violence, mild profanity, graphic imagery and/or suggestive themes.
M – MATURE – Appropriate for readers age 17 and older. May contain intense violence, extensive profanity, nudity, sexual themes and other content suitable only for older readers.
Ac pitch packet
In a single PDF, please include the following and attach to your email:
1. Title and proposed length of your submission. Include your comic’s rating as well!
2. Your elevator pitch. Sell us your comic in a single breath.
3. Your complete story outline. Cover all your major beats and plot points. Spoilers and all.
4. A single completed scene from your submission. Ideally this should be five (5) to ten (10) completed pages of sequential art.
Publishing with Arledge comics
Arledge Comics was founded – and continues to be run – by independent creators. We’re a small but dedicated team that works tirelessly to produce inclusive, quality content – either in the form of comic series or comic anthologies. To date, we’ve run thirteen successful Kickstarter campaigns for our projects, and we intend to continue to use Kickstarter to fund AC titles, anthologies, and to act as a pre-order system for creator owned titles.
Arledge Comics is partnered with Emerald Comics Distro to provide regional distribution of Arledge Comics’ titles to comic book shops of the Pacific Northwest. Between our own online stores, and Emerald Comic Distro’s online system, this provides wholesale opportunities to comic shops nationwide.
Our goal is to make publishing more accessible to independent creators.